Job Title: Transcreation Manager
Reporting to: Transcreation Director
Our modern world is increasingly influenced by international brands and global marketing campaigns. Consumers have access to a variety of media 24/7, and brands want to embrace this opportunity to reach their customers through different channels. That’s where Freedman comes in. Freedman is a global creative production company that helps brands connect with their customers across the globe. We create, produce and adapt multi-media campaigns across markets, languages and channels, including OOH, digital, TV, social, print, and more. With offices in London, New York and Sydney, and over 30 years’ experience, we pride ourselves on being an independent company helping disruptive brands achieve their global potential.
As Transcreation Manager you are a committed, focused and experienced member of the Localisation team, holding significant responsibility for the implementation of multi–lingual marketing communications. You partner with the Client teams to deliver client projects within specific time frames and budgets, helping to identify and resolve issues with support from the Head of Localisation and Transcreation Director. You contribute towards the development of junior colleagues, supporting with their successful onboarding onto the team and feeding into their performance reviews. You hold strong working relationships internally and successfully manage the localisation of multi-market/lingual projects.
What You’re Here To Do
Your key responsibilities are:
Transcreation & Project Delivery
- Interpret project scope and work with the Transcreation Director and the Brand Managers to write transcreation briefs
- Ensure relevant internal and external resources are in place and briefed about project scope
- Prepare files for translation, localisation and cultural and market insights
- Liaise with copywriters, brand guardians, translators to distribute transcreation and translation work and manage timely translation return
- Liaise with proof readers and editors to ensure best possible quality of translation, feeding back and resolving issues as necessary
- Provide the Transcreation Director with progress reports; flag any problems or issues
- Incorporate changes requested by clients and update glossaries or preferred terms list
- Coordinate edits and approvals, trafficking client amends and feedback
- Check the quality of files supplied by linguists within the required deadlines
- Maintain status reports tracking project progress and controls
- Ensure all important supplier communication is recorded and accurately filed
- Manage updates of term base and translation memory
- Keep style guidelines updated
- Ensuring highest quality output, ensuring best practices and processes are followed providing any relevant training to Transcreation Executives as needed.
- Manage and mentor Transcreation Executives . Make sure adequate training is provided to enable them to fulfil their roles, responsibilities and objectives.
- Proactively look for initiatives to improve
- Manage client and vendor relationships professionally and effectively.
- Ensure projects are accurately completed in our localization tool according to the company’s guidelines making sure all monthly admin deadlines are met.
- Taking part in meetings and conference calls as required, including: project kick-offs, weekly and ad hoc meetings, issue resolution meetings, and performing post mortems,
- Support on other tasks as needed.
- Provide TD with recommendations on issues, rejections and challenge
- Foster strong working relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
- Champion the importance of teamwork and motivate others around them
- Build an up-to-date, solid knowledge of colleague’s roles and the skills and tools they use in their job, drawing upon expertise as necessary
- Share information about agency and client developments in order to empower more junior team members
- Monitor performance of junior transcreation employees, feeding back to Transcreation Director and contributing towards appraisals and probation reviews
- Mentor and coach more junior team members, building their knowledge, understanding and expertise
What You Need To Have/Know
- Experience of translation, adaptation, web localisation and/or marketing communications planning and processes
- Experience of managing own workload within a team environment and delivering to high standards
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Collaborative and encouraging demeanour, always on hand to help and able to relate to people at all levels
- Excellent English language skills and strong proficiency in additional languages
- Strong, confident communication skills both written and verbally
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word, PPT and Excel) and web applications
- Demonstrable experience using CAT tools