The new era of global marketing is here. We’re ready for it. Freedman is a global creative production company. Our mission is to empower the next generation of global marketers to take on the world, fast. We collaborate with digital native brands, helping them disrupt new markets and grow their influence worldwide. We create, produce and adapt impactful campaigns across all markets and channels. From Beijing to Buenos Aires, from online video to VR – we deliver it all, at scale and at speed. With offices in London, New York and Sydney, and over 30 years’ experience, we pride ourselves on being an independent company helping brands achieve their global greatness.
Freedman loves diverse, different and delightful people. You don’t have to be a certain type to fit. We embrace characters who bring something new and interesting, contributing to our international and eclectic blend of personalities. This is a fantastic new role for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Strategist. As Strategy Director, you will embed strategy into Freedman’s offering in many ways.
You will build and influence the development of effective brand & campaign strategies for key existing clients, supporting and working alongside the Client Services teams. You will also lead the strategy across all pitching work for prospective clients.
Your previous experience enables you to think holistically and identify growth opportunities to create live, effective and proactive strategies that influence the overall brand or campaign strategy for our existing and prospective clients. You are an intuitive forward thinker who is hungry for new challenges and excited about building a strategy department from scratch with the support of an established agency. You are open minded and are willing to get your hands dirty, you enjoy being in the details and are keen to learn. You have the ability to present your ideas persuasively in order to inspire internal teams and to give clients the confidence to act on our insights and recommendations.
You are a Strategist in a Creative agency with between 7 to 10 years of experience and are based in a major Hub either in Europe or the USA.
What You’re Here To Do
Your key responsibilities are:
Strategy and Commercial Awareness
- Examining key clients’ businesses to get to know their brands and understand their objectives and challenges in order to support the Client Services Team who are responsible for the growth of their accounts
- Being a mentor and support to the Client Services Team in preparation for and management of client meetings, including presentations and workshops sessions and other internal or external stakeholders
- Working in partnership with Client Services and Creative teams to give them the information they need to translate analysis, insights and strategy into compelling communications deliverables
- Creating and presenting conceptual strategy decks to clients
- Building strategy frameworks by reviewing existing processes and templates and creating or optimising new ones to set up Freedman for success
- Building and defining new Freedman accounts’ roadmaps, working with the Client Services team who are responsible for creating account plans
- Analysing input to pull together a global and local strategy report providing recommendations for change to lead to a successful campaign (including the set-up of KPIs)
- Work alongside the Client Services team to pull together campaign performance reports
- Leading the strategy across all key new business pitches working alongside the New Business and Client Services teams
- Building, collaborating and managing a network of strategists in priority markets
- Working both internally and externally to drive strategy, creative excellence and asset creation
- Represent the agency at key industry events as and when necessary
What You Need To Have/Known
- Significant experience working with global brands in big and smaller creative agencies
- Must have worked on global businesses and understand the global-local models and its challenges
- Varied experience working across different industries with digital native brands
- Extensive experience in pitch work
- Good understanding of media channels and how strategy planning can influence these channels
- Experience in campaign optimisation and performance
- Strong client facing and presentation skills with the ability to convince and challenge clients
- Ambitious and highly proactive individual, comfortable to work both independently as well as with the Creative and Client Services teams
- Strong eye for detail to ensure work is delivered to an exceptional standard
- Some experience using Kantar media platforms as well as proficient use of PowerPoint and keynote would be desirable
- World travelled with a passion for global trends, technology and innovation