Senior Project Manager
Our modern world is increasingly influenced by international brands and global marketing campaigns. Consumers have access to a variety of media 24/7, and brands want to embrace this opportunity to reach their customers through different channels. That’s where Freedman comes in. We are insight-driven localisation experts, helping brands connect with people worldwide.
To make that happen we draw on a unique breadth of local cultural understanding across brand, corporate, and employee communications and over 30 years of practical experience in global creative production and delivery. With a great list of clients and offices in London, New York and Sydney we pride ourselves on being an independent company helping brands achieve their global objectives.
We love diverse, different and delightful people. You don’t have to be a certain type to fit in. We embrace characters who bring something new and interesting, contributing to our international and eclectic blend of personalities.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join us and assist the delivery of outstanding projects for our global brand-name clients.
- Manage the production of multilingual print and digital campaigns for our clients to achieve their global marketing goals;
- Determine resource requirements (e.g. linguist, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure based on language project objectives and operational needs
- Ensure management and successful delivery of client expectations, keeping all stakeholders informed of the progress of projects and dealing with or escalating any issues efficiently
- Suggest creative ways to adapt our project management processes to tailor them to the client support successful delivery
- Define project requirements, managing risk and mitigation strategies
- Create, own and drive the project plan, managing and developing process for scope changes / change requests
- Role model our principles, methods and Freedman tools to effectively manage projects under their accountability from start through to delivery and support team members in managing their projects
- Define responsibilities, set direction and allocate tasks within the project team
- Communicate ideas and industry trends on particular subject matter to colleagues through informal communication and formal presentations and training sessions
- Develop project management tools and processes as necessary, assuming responsibility for our methodology, developing the approach in line with industry standards and evangelising the use of the methodology to your colleagues.
- Hold responsibility for the quality of the project deliverables and communications
- Ensure PM best practice by checking accuracy and quality of all PM documentation and communication within your account team.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the clients and their creative, media agency and production teams
- Develop trusted partnerships with clients, colleagues and suppliers by sharing expertise and support
- Oversee financial wellbeing of live projects, reporting updates and feedback to the team
- Manage project budget, ensuring it is delivered in line with target margin and seeking to maximise revenue through efficient project delivery (profit margin)
- Provide weekly reporting/monitoring of project performance including financial updates, quarterly retainer reviews
- Oversee the tracking and management of account forecasts; attending and preparing for status meetings with Finance team and Account Director to ensure all targets are met
- Spot opportunities for new projects and creates an approach for unlocking the work
- Contribute to business development efforts through project scoping, estimating and attending sales calls when required
- Maximise billable hours through making yourself available for client work. Makes best use of non-billable hours by working on internal initiatives, business development and self-development.
- Manage project team deliverables and provide day to day leadership on your projects and/or delivery area, managing multiple workstreams and colleagues
- Guide a project team, demonstrating leadership skills in addressing delivery and performance issues and undertake tasks to build team morale;
- Ensure team collaboration & foster a positive environment;
- Provide timely feedback and mentoring to team members throughout the project;
- Mentor and support more junior PMs within your account team to take on responsibility;
- Raise internal profile through knowledge sharing and internal presentations;
- Champion the importance of teamwork and motivate others around them;
- Assist with the coaching and development of Project Executives;
- Keep abreast of industry trends and releases, sharing these with the wider team;
- Strengthen team dynamics and foster strong relationships across the agency;
- Motivate, empower, and inspire others around you, exemplifying Freedman’s values;
- Manage up: ensuring the right management style is applied to the team, in line with the Freedman vision.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management roles for marketing or production agencies
- Strong track record of delivery exceptional projects for international brand name clients
- Clear understanding of localisation and campaign planning from brief to delivery
- Understanding of working with media and creative agencies
- Experience in building successful relationships & rapidly earning client trust
- Experience successfully managing expectations within clients
- Experience managing a large portfolio of design and digital projects and workstreams
- Comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Enjoys project management processes and is a process driven thinker
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal well with clients, freelancers and colleagues alike
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business
- Ability to act on direction and initiative to rapidly implement changes and drive projects forward
- Ability to build internal relationships within the wider team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and/or experience performing output quality control
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, plus annual bonus and excellent benefits including private medical, dental, various gym discounts and other perks. All while being part of a fun, creative and collaborative agency with a genuine people-first approach.
If this sounds like the ideal next role for you, please forward your CV today!