Job Title: QA Tester
Role Type: Permanent/Full Time
Who we are
As brands continue to globalise and marketing becomes ever more complex and exciting, demand for marketing implementation solutions will continue to grow. At Freedman, we’re focused on delivering outstanding quality and service, and that takes top talent. And top talent know that Freedman is a company that truly values them and will invest in them. We want to be the world’s most respected marketing implementation agency–helping brands grow by connecting them with consumers all over the world. With offices in London, New York, and Sydney, we work with numerous exciting global brands and we continue to grow steadily year on year. We’ve been independent and holding our own for 25 years. Our clients value our agility, expertise and objectivity.
Overview of role
Freedman are looking for a QA Tester to work with the Studio team in ensuring that premium quality standards are always achieved, across multiple types of–primarily digital–assets. This work will be for a portfolio of high-profile and key client accounts for Freedman International.
The QA Tester will be responsible for detailed Quality Assurance checks across several file types, such as: standard and rich-media HTML banners, static JPEGs, videos, GIFs, emails, landing pages and microsites. The candidate should have good knowledge of manual testing, ideally within advertising or marketing agencies, and be confident in giving design feedback, using initiative to suggest improvements/resolve problems. Experience using Photoshop will be ideal, to better come up with valid solutions for the developer/artworker. On top of this, these files will also require comparison with translation documents, to ensure that the copy and visual elements have been correctly altered for different regions.
The projects will come from several different clients, so the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and being familiar with the brand guidelines of each, is a must. Great communication skills will also be key, as the candidate will work closely alongside our artworkers, developers, project and account managers every day to ensure that projects are completed to the client’s expectations, in terms of overall quality and within the required timeframe.
- Performing detailed QA on a diverse range of assets, testing on multiple platforms/browsers where necessary, to ensure that everything is delivered according to the client’s brief and specific instructions
- Spotting any and all errors within a file, throughout various languages using translation documents (multi-lingual skills are therefore not a requirement)
- Handling QA on multiple projects at any time and fulfilling the specific QA requirements of each
- Working to short deadlines and fast turnaround times
- Foreseeing any potential issues that may occur during the later publishing/end product stages
- Becoming a master of client brand guidelines, ensuring that all assets align with them, and guiding artworkers/developers to solutions if they do not
- Building relevant relationships with Client Services teams, owning and developing partnership relationships and establishing ways of working
- Aware of latest industry developments and standards, and successfully applying them to work practices in order to support process improvements
- Contributing towards defining and delivering against the QA department’s vision and objectives
- Promoting and championing QA through project/campaign delivery life cycles
- Help to improve QA processes via regular participation in post-project reviews
Experience and competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passionate attention to detail with a desire to problem solve
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Photoshop – other skills within the Adobe suite is a bonus
- Excellent adaptability, able to quickly translate knowledge and techniques to new projects
- A pro-active, practical, patient and diplomatic approach
- Self-starter who accomplishes goals with broad direction and minimal day-to-day supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently or as an effective part of a team
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
A strong candidate will also have
- Proven experience working within artworking and studio environments
- Exposure to the workflow management tool JIRA
- Previous work as a QA tester in agile focused localisation testing
- A strong background testing in multiple browsers and an understanding of the limitations found in each
- Familiar with HTML banners built for DoubleClick Campaign Manager and DoubleClick Studio
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Skills within InDesign and knowledge of print processes
Subscribe to our content
Fill in the form below to join our mailing list to stay up-to-date with all things global marketing, to help your brand thrive, everywhere.