Our modern world is increasingly influenced by international brands and global marketing campaigns. Consumers have access to a variety of media 24/7, and brands want to embrace this opportunity to reach their customers through different channels. That’s where Freedman comes in. Freedman is a global creative production company that helps brands connect with their customers across the globe. We create, produce and adapt multi-media campaigns across markets, languages and channels, including OOH, digital, TV, social, print, and more. With offices in London, New York and Sydney, and over 30 years’ experience, we pride ourselves on being an independent company helping disruptive brands achieve their global potential.
Freedman loves diverse, different and delightful people. You don’t have to be a certain type to fit. We embrace characters who bring something new and interesting, contributing to our international and eclectic blend of personalities. This is a newly created position which allows for a real opportunity to take ownership of the role and grow it to new levels. We strive to explore for new innovative ways to improve systems to ensure the seamless flow of relevant, accurate and informative information to all business stakeholders. This is a key role in managing all out going expenditure within the business as well as working closely with the Financial Controller to ensure the tight management of the companies’ financials.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet control account reconciliations
- Maintaining the integrity of the nominal ledger
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and P&L forecasts for review by the Finance Manager
- Prepare and input monthly journal entries
- Responsible for payroll and running the employee expense claim process
- Maintain VAT control accounts, as well as preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of four week and annual cash forecasts
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts and foreign exchange revaluation
- Review input project costs
- Responsibility for the accounts payable and sales function including the month-end process.
- Manage the Finance Accountant, supporting them with ongoing feedback and coaching to ensure they reach their potential
- Support with cash book maintenance and daily bank reconciliations
- Review and support the purchases Finance Accountant in dealing with the processing and procedures surrounding the company credit cards
- Collaboration within the finance team and other businessto continuously improve the delivery of financial services to the Company
- Preparation of the year end audit files
- Additional ad hoc finance projects
Skills and experience we need you to have
- Solid experience in a similar position, within a marketing / media agency environment is essential
- Previous direct report experience
- Part or full qualified accounting qualification, or qualified by experience
- Advanced excel skills are required (Pivot tables, V Lookups etc.)
- Concept accounting software experience would be a distinct advantage
- Able to work within given guidelines and proactively identify potential areas for improvement.
- Takes ownership of tasks, delivers to deadlines, and meets expectations.
- Understands and manages own workload and delivers to exceptional standards. Informs others before potential issues arise.
- Actively participates in wider agency initiatives
- Keen to learn and able to accept feedback.
- Uses initiative to make informed decisions within guidelines. Knows when to make own decisions or seek guidance.
- Contributes and collaborates with other team members appreciating different personalities and strengths