Our modern world is increasingly influenced by international brands and global marketing campaigns. Consumers have access to a variety of media 24/7, and brands want to embrace this opportunity to reach their customers through different channels. That’s where Freedman comes in. Freedman is a global creative production company that helps brands connect with their customers across the globe. We create, produce and adapt multi-media campaigns across markets, languages and channels, including OOH, digital, TV, social, print, and more. With offices in London, New York and Sydney, and over 30 years’ experience, we pride ourselves on being an independent company helping disruptive brands achieve their global potential.
Freedman loves diverse, different and delightful people. You don’t have to be a certain type to fit. We embrace characters who bring something new and interesting, contributing to our international and eclectic blend of personalities. Talent and people management plays a key role in working alongside all stakeholders within the business. You will be the key point of contact for all talent queries, providing a generalist support to all levels within the business. You will also take charge of tracking employee engagement, and actively proposing ways to increase it, as well as promoting positive company culture and our employee values. To be successful, this individual will have the energy, passion, creativity and a commitment to making things better every single day – both from a talent and a culture perspective.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
Your key responsibilities are:
- To be the escalation point for any HR admin queries.
- To support the HR Assistant on managing and processing HR administration, including issuing employment contracts, processing reference requests, and keeping personnel files up to date.
- Work with the HR Assistant to ensure the Employee Handbook and HR policies and procedures are up to date
- To assist our payroll provider with any queries that may arise from time to time.
- Advise and support managers on all cases relating to Employee Relations
- Provide advice on HR best practices, policies, procedures and legislation
- Develop our talent acquisition strategy, including identifying the best routes to access talent across different teams, roles and levels in the organisation.
- Work with hiring managers to understand the pipeline of talent requirements and build role specifications.
- Work with the HR Assistant to benchmark remuneration across different roles and contribute to the overall remuneration strategy.
- Build recruitment resources, including question banks and scoring criteria for sift and interview questions.
- Manage recruitment operations, including advertising and promoting roles, sifting applications and communicating outcomes and feedback to candidates.
- Manage our Visa Licence Sponsorship, including renewals for certificates of sponsorship and compliance reporting.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our hiring strategy and practices, and proactively suggest improvements over time.
Development & Retention
- Provide support to managers in carrying out employee appraisals and provide recommendations on objective setting and ensure any performance issues are addressed
- Work with managers to ensure they are delivering HR best practise and supporting them to ensure they are successful in management
- Design and create learning and development initiatives
- Provide advice on compensation and benefits and offering potential ideas and solutions
- Design and where appropriate deliver employee training programs (e.g. individual, team, skill-based and management training)
- Develop mentoring sessions for employees
- Build succession plans
- Design employee promotion policies
- Discuss career-pathing options with high-potential employees
- Conduct skills gap analyses to determine strategic hiring needs
- Develop performance management tools
Culture and Employee Engagement
- Develop strategies to ensure our company values are recruited for, demonstrated and rewarded amongst our team.
- Monitor and report on employee engagement, develop strategies for addressing areas for improvement, and lead on implementation of agreed projects.
- Lead on implementing our Diversity and Inclusion plan for Operations and monitor and report on implementation of the plan more widely across the company.
- Work with HR Assistant to report on turnover, sickness and annual leave
- Summarise and advise next steps from any outcomes from the above reporting
- Work with HR Assistant to manage and report on training needs and delivering these requirements
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE
- An expert in their area and CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Knowledge of the latest performance trends and how people develop.
- Experience in designing and delivering performance programmes.
- Fantastic communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven ability to influence others at all levels
- Strong talent and people management experience
- Solid and up to date knowledge of employment law
- Ability to undertake people practices and procedures independently
- Experience working with global brands in a creative/digital, planning, media or social media agency
- Strong relationship builder to work with a variety of levels and teams within the business
- Strict confidentiality and discretion
- Confidence in leading on a project
- Excellent Communicator Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Creative thinker of new approaches
- Clear attention to detail
- Marketing & Advertising
- Human Resources