Group Client Director
Department: Client Services
Reporting to: Client Services Director
Our modern world is increasingly influenced by international brands and global marketing campaigns. Consumers have access to a variety of media 24/7, and brands want to embrace this opportunity to reach their customers through different channels. That’s where Freedman comes in. Freedman is a global creative production company that helps brands connect with their customers across the globe. We create, produce and adapt multi-media campaigns across markets, languages and channels, including OOH, digital, TV, social, print, and more. With offices in London, New York and Sydney, and over 30 years’ experience, we pride ourselves on being an independent company helping disruptive brands achieve their global potential.
As a Group Client Director at Freedman, you make things happen due to being at the heart of all our client endeavours. You look ahead to see the big picture and influence the agenda, whilst being close enough to the day-to-day detail to ensure the basics are always locked, the engine is working and the team are energised.
As a Group Client Director, you take responsibility for building and sustaining strong, senior-level relationships and for the ongoing reputation of the agency. You will partner and collaborate with other departments and managers to achieve account growth whilst developing your clients’ overall strategy, expanding our offering and ultimately become a trusted advisor to their business.
This role requires a talented and experienced Account Director in this role who is a skilled new business professional with good instincts and an adventurous and entrepreneurial spirit. The position would be based in London but global travel will be required.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
Your key responsibilities are:
Client Partnership & Direction
- Reviewing and signing off Account reviews both internally and externally (quarterly, yearly); reporting financials, quality of relationships, client feedback and quality of our service
- Work with Account Directors to ensure resource is appropriate for forecasted project timelines and budgets which are reasonable and structured
- Confidently lead senior client relationships, understanding the client business and challenges
- Confidently presenting our ideas to clients in a digestible and relevant way through delivering a compelling message and explaining the underlying strategy
- Demonstrating in-depth understanding of client context, competitors, and industry, bringing learning and insights back to the team
- Overseeing and driving success of account in all aspects: projects, client and team relationships, processes, reporting
- Mapping out client stakeholders to ensure wider context and challenges are understood, teaching more junior team members and influencing dynamic thinking
- Clearly articulating Freedman’s offering, inspiring client confidence
- Ensuring management and delivery of client expectations, keeping all stakeholders informed of the progress of projects and acting as escalation point for Account Directors to deal with any issues efficiently and proactively
- Ensuring the agency doesn’t miss any opportunity to strengthen client relationships; uses market insight and a strong understanding of client’s future strategy to find commercially appropriate ways to respond to client briefs and propose new projects
- Gather commercial feedback from the client on campaign work to build satisfaction and recognition of agency value
Strategic Business Development
- Working with Account Directors to encourage growth of accounts, carrying out strategic business plans across each account to ensure best services and growth through organic and new business.
- Coordinating and leading new business pitches from beginning to end alongside Global Business Director
- Ensuring that your account group are trained in all aspects of the financial management of accounts, ensuring that the correct agency processes are followed and that individual team members have a level of understanding appropriate to their job function
- Taking ownership and accountability for the group of accounts and overall profitability, sharing developments with the Client Services Director and Financial Controller
- Confidently managing contractual conversations and coming to final agreements with procurement alongside Global Business Director
- Ensuring entire group of accounts are meeting targets, coaching and empowering Account Directors to achieve growth and financial targets
- Working with senior management to set budgets, monitor costs and profitability, ensuring timely invoicing and payment of fees, and holding accountability for the financial aspect of projects
- In collaboration with Global Business Director, leading commercial discussions on new and existing opportunities with client teams globally.
- Supervising and managing any direct reports in their day-to-day role, holding regular 121s, setting and monitoring objectives, identifying training opportunities and conducting appraisals
- Driving personal development and career planning for your team, sharing learnings from projects and providing appropriate learning & development opportunities
- Championing and driving effective collaboration by fostering open, honest, and regular communication within the team and wider agency
- Driving a positive team culture, upholding Freedman’s values and remaining calm and positive at all times
- Working closely with other Group Client Director and Client Services Director to utilise resource across accounts, obtaining approval from Finance Director for resource expansion, leading on recruitment activities within accounts
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE
- Solid experience in a similar role within a creative/marketing agency focusing on supporting the success and growth of brands globally, through well thought out and planned creative campaign management, production and high-level localisation.
- A proven track record of delivering high-calibre, award-winning work and achieving account growth
- Significant experience overseeing key client accounts, building successful relationships with key, senior stakeholders & rapidly earning client trust
- Exceptional attention to detail and/or experience performing output quality control
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Polished and empathetic communicator with excellent relationship, negotiation and presentation skills when dealing with all audiences
- An experienced driver of day-to-day with the ability to manage and compile client reports
- Established, strong industry contacts across creative and media sectors
- Ability to handle pressure, display emotional intelligence, warmth and build positive rapport with audiences quickly
- Ambitious, conscientious, passionate and results focused with a proactive approach and strong work ethic