Job Title: Group Account Director
Department: Client Services
Reporting to: CEO
Key relationships: Client relationships, studio, broadcast department, CAT department, finance department
Working alongside: Another Group Account Director and the Director of Implementation
Why join Freedman?
As brands continue to globalise, and marketing becomes ever more complex and exciting, the demand for marketing implementation solutions will become more vital. The need to be relevant to diverse audiences all over the world and across traditional and digital channels, demands the capability to flawlessly execute great ideas on sophisticated media strategies. Freedman has a single-minded focus: To offer global brands great implementation – effectively, efficiently, everywhere. We’re focused on a quality service promise. And we know that takes top talent. Freedman is a company that values the team and wants to invest in them. We’ve been independent and holding our own for 25 years and out long-standing clients value our agility and objectivity.
Why we think you’ll want this role:
The Freedman client services team is the largest group within the agency, made up of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about what we do and take pride in the quality of work we produce. This position allows for a real opportunity to take ownership and manage some of the biggest brands’ advertising campaigns. You will travel once a quarter, build solid client relationships, be exposed to a lot more than you would normally and have your say when it comes to the marketing strategy of the agency, as well as growth. If you want to be involved at a higher level – this is the role for you. Not to mention the package comprising of annual bonuses, private healthcare and a competitive salary.
Responsibilities of the role:
We’re seeking a commercially savvy, highly motivated and results-driven Group Account Director to lead our London team and work on multiple enviable global brands – EA, IHG, Netjets and Shell + more.
- Maintain existing relationships and obtaining new client relationships
- Grow revenue of account by 25% during the first year while maintaining high level of service and excellent team morale
- Carry out customer surveys to ensure all feedback is taken into account and is addressed appropriately to improve our services to the client
- Track challenges and success of account in all aspects: projects, client and team relationships, processes, reporting – in order to carry out and present account QBRs internally to senior members of the organisation
- Track and manage account finances as well as manage account forecast – organise status meeting with Finance and CEO to ensure all targets are met in sales and GP.
- Effective line management of the whole team
- Be able to gain trust from the team displaying clear and effective leadership skills.
- Manage the managers: ensuring the right management style is applied to the team, in line with the Freedman vision
- Previous agency-side global campaign implementation experience
- Excellent new business experience
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- Polished and empathetic communicator with excellent relationship and negotiation skills in dealing with all audiences
- An experienced driver of day-to-day with the ability to manage and compile client reports
- Ability to handle pressure, display emotional intelligence, warmth and build positive rapport with audiences quickly
- Ambitious, conscientious, passionate and results focused with a proactive approach and strong work ethic
- Self-motivated individual with great supporting skills
- A strong understanding of localisation and campaign planning from brief to delivery
- Experience of managing others’ workload and delivering to high standards
- Effective communication with clients, linguists and colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients, partners and colleagues
We strive to ensure a premium experience for the client right from start to finish. Not just as a supplier, as an extension of the client’s business.
We strive to make life easier for ourselves and our clients by thinking smart, being one step ahead and solving problems before they arise.
We strive to create a positive and exciting atmosphere, so our staff members can channel inspiration and enthusiasm through their work, every step of the way.
Our behaviours and what we look for in top talent:
- Great work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Committed / Dependable
- Driven / Proactive / Ambitious
- Problem solvers / resourceful
- Honest / Transparent
- Humble / Team players
Subscribe to our content
Fill in the form below to join our mailing list to stay up-to-date with all things global marketing, to help your brand thrive, everywhere.