Global Creative Director
Job Title: Global Creative Director
Department: Creative and Content
Reporting to: Managing Director
Our modern world is increasingly influenced by international brands and global marketing campaigns. Consumers have access to a variety of media 24/7, and brands want to embrace this opportunity to reach their customers through different channels. That’s where Freedman comes in. Freedman is a global creative production company that helps brands connect with their customers across the globe. We create, produce and adapt multi-media campaigns across markets, languages and channels, including OOH, digital, TV, social, print, and more. With offices in London, New York and Sydney, and over 30 years’ experience, we pride ourselves on being an independent company helping disruptive brands achieve their global potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to build an award-winning creative and content department at Freedman with a strategically-led approach.
As Freedman’s first Global Creative Director, you will establish the conceptual and stylistic direction for our clients’ global campaigns, projects or strategy, and orchestrate the work to fit and fulfil them. You will lead internal and in-market art directors, strategists, copy writers and designers involved in the development of these advertising and marketing projects. You will be accountable for promoting and protecting the integrity of the client’s brand across all channels, markets and media types.
As a key member of the senior management team, you will play a pivotal role in building a great and inclusive culture, developing new opportunities and winning pitches with innovative ideas. You’ll also use your excellent communication and presentation skills to juggle multiple projects and pitches at any one time.
The position would be based in London / Europe, but global travel will be required.
What you’re here to do
- Managing the quality and presentation of creative work across all clients and their brands. Presenting work coherently and persuasively with global implementation in mind; expressing ideas in a form that clients can buy – you’ll be client-facing and dealing with senior client contacts.
- Developing and delivering global localised innovative proposals for new business opportunities.
- 100% Media neutral – Social, Mobile, Film, Digital, Strategy, Experiential, PR, Stunts, OOO, BTL, DM, Retail, Innovation, Branding & Identity.
- Overseeing and mentoring members of the creative and content team, supporting their project roles and monitoring their individual career development.
- Working collaboratively every day with clients and peers, at every level.
- Hands-on creatively.
- Providing regular team leadership and constructive feedback on all accounts to client services.
- Continually looking for ways to improve creative department methods, problem solving models and best practices.
- Meeting with clients to re-evaluate ideas and improve upon existing marketing campaigns
- Building the creative and content offering in close partnership with other directors.
- Making wider contributions to the agency overall, including cross-office marketing, business development, strategy and culture.
- Driving a positive team culture, remaining calm and positive at all times.
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude.
- Experience building and inspiring a creative and content team in an international agency environment.
- Passionate about storytelling, visual communication and creating engaging experiences all on a global scale.
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in both large-scale collaborative environments as well as independently.
- Hands-on attitude and keen to make a positive impact on our team, our work and our clients.
- Creative thinker with first class conceptual skills and a passion for strategy-driven and engaging communication solutions.
- Extensive global-local experience within tech, gaming, fashion and consumer product sectors.
- Ambition to produce award-winning work and strive for the highest creative standards.
- Natural leadership skills with experience guiding large international teams.
- Ability to think creatively against demanding deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Proven success rationalising concepts and effectively selling to clients.
- Solid understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and commercial production reality.