New Business Executive
Our modern world is increasingly influenced by international brands and global marketing campaigns. Consumers have access to a variety of media 24/7, and brands want to embrace this opportunity to reach their customers through different channels. That’s where Freedman comes in. We are insight-driven localisation experts, helping brands connect with people worldwide.
To make that happen we draw on a unique breadth of local cultural understanding across brand, corporate, and employee communications and over 30 years of practical experience in global creative production and delivery. With a great list of clients and offices in London, New York and Sydney we pride ourselves on being an independent company helping brands achieve their global objectives.
We love diverse, different and delightful people. You don’t have to be a certain type to fit in. We embrace characters who bring something new and interesting, contributing to our international and eclectic blend of personalities.
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
This is a key role for Freedman for the development and growth of the agency, helping the agency expand its client base and continues to grow its revenue and profits each year. This role adds value by identifying and engaging with potential leads and by providing commercial and industry insight for the wider business.
The role is accountable for the following areas:
- Supporting the New Business & Marketing Director with the new business efforts for the agency, setting and implementing lead generation strategies that deliver against our revenue and profit targets;
- Supporting with the development of new business pitches to prospective clients;
- Identifying potential new clients and reporting findings to the New Business & Leadership team.
New Business Development
- Support the growth of the Freedman International through researching and identifying new potential leads at target brands and engaging them
- Contact potential new clients and repeat business customers to secure appointments and set prospect meetings for the New Business Director to follow-up, through a variety of channels
- Contact target accounts to enquire about needs and share the values of Freedman International’s services
- Arrange calls and meetings between New Business Director and prospective or existing clients in a professional manner
- Support the New Business Director by providing timely information about prospects
- Research new potential targets, based on qualifying criteria and present findings to senior team members
- Assess and contact historic prospects for new or developing leads, and update CRM records accordingly
- Help create and prioritise strategically developed target prospect lists
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive CRM (HubSpot) tool records
- Monitor relevant social media platforms and utilise such activity to promote/post interest for Freedman International’s services with direct contact to follow-up
- Support the development of pitch/proposal decks and content
- Maintain library of new business slides and responses
- Ad hoc related tasks as required.
- Foster strong working relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing team, making sure to escalate any issues
- The New Business Executive reports into the New Business & Marketing Director. Performance and progression are reviewed together annually as below.
Annual review by the New Business & Marketing Director based on:
- Achievement of agreed new business targets
- Pro-activeness in supporting the New Business Director
- Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge of the industry and depth of research into prospective clients
- Quality of presentations and communication with new potential targets
- Attention to detail and time-management
- Relationship and cooperation with internal teams
- Interpersonal/communication skills
- Adherence to Freedman core values and behaviours.