Junior Localisation Engineer
Independent insight-driven localisation agency, heading into an exciting phase of growth, based at the heart of Covent Garden, with an awesomely talented team, are seeking a rock star account director.
Tired of being a cog in the machine? Are you looking to work for an agency where you can stand up and be counted, working on some amazingly complex, creative and impactful campaigns supporting well-known (bragworthy) brands, all while working with some of the downright loveliest people in the industry? Great! You could be just who we are looking for.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Transcreation and localisation sit at the heart of Freedman’s business and are some of the main reasons why our clients trust us. The junior localisation engineer role is therefore a key role for Freedman to ensure the most efficient and highest quality campaigns for our clients. As Junior Localisation Engineer you play a central role in the quality of all transcreation projects, as well as improving the transcreation processes, operational capabilities and increasing efficiencies by applying problem solving techniques.
Localisation Engineering & Project Delivery
- Supporting the language team in identifying, prioritising, and helping resolve localisation engineering related projects and/or process problems, including:
- Analysing source files for quotation purposes.
- Setting up localisation projects.
- Preparing different file formats for translation in our CAT tool.
- Assisting the Language team in resolving technical issues.
- Finalising localised files for delivery.
- Managing Translation Memory and Terminology
- Providing trainings and preparing training materials on our TMS to external and internal teams pertaining to localisation engineering
- Providing necessary CAT tool support to the linguists
YOU WILL FLY IN THIS ROLE IF YOU…
- You have a linguistic or technical degree with an interest in localization or localisation management experience with an interest in starting out in localisation engineering
- You have an interest in transcreation and localisation of marketing and advertising content
- You have experience with CAT tools and knowledge of localisation procedures and practices
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- You can multitask and work well under pressure
- You are a confident communicator in both written and spoken forms
- You are proficient in MS Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- You have knowledge of different file formats like HTML, XLIFF, XML, JSON, etc
- You have basic knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro beneficial
- You have basic knowledge of design tools like Figma, Content Management Systems, and web applications beneficial
- You have knowledge of regular expressions, scripting or APIs beneficial
- You have excellent English language skills
- You have an additional language
A BIT ABOUT US
We essentially help brands get their often complex, chaotic, wonderfully creative international campaigns out the door to multiple markets – ensuring they are culturally relevant, compliant, consistent, on time and within budget. We bring harmony to the multiple teams and processes ensuring a streamlined and successful campaign launch. To make that happen we draw on a unique breadth of over 30 years of practical experience in localisation, creative production and delivery.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive package and excellent benefits including private medical insurance, gym discounts and other perks. We offer hybrid working requiring the successful candidate to attend our London office 3 days per week with 2 days working from home. All while being part of a fun, creative and collaborative agency with a genuine people-first approach.