Job Title: Account Director
Department: Client Services
Reporting to: Group Account Director
Key relationships: Client relationships, studio department, broadcast department, CAT department, finance department
Why join Freedman
As brands continue to globalise, and marketing becomes ever more complex and exciting, so demand for marketing implementation solutions will become more vital. The need to be relevant to diverse audiences all over the world & across traditional and digital channels, demands the capability to flawlessly execute great ideas on sophisticated media strategies.
Freedman has a single-minded focus: To offer global brands great implementation – effectively, efficiently, everywhere. Freedman’s competition is in a chase to the bottom, offering ever lower prices, reducing service levels, over-promising what technology can achieve and under-valuing their talent. Freedman is going the opposite way. We’re focused on a quality service promise. And we know that takes top talent.
Freedman is a company that values our team and wants to invest in them…whether they are full time, part time, partners or in our hugely effective global community
We’ve been independent and holding our own for 25 years. We’ve seen many competitors fall away driven by short term objectives or parent company demands. Our clients value our agility and objectivity, and they know we work for them not some anonymous financial master.
Why we think you’ll want this role
The Freedman client services team is the largest group within the agency, made up of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about what we do and take pride in the quality of work we produce. This position allows for a real opportunity to take ownership and manage some of the biggest brands’ marketing and advertising campaigns. We strive to explore for new innovative ways to improve systems to ensure the seamless flow of relevant, accurate and informative information to all business stakeholders.
Key output / responsibilities of the role
We are seeking a commercially savvy, highly motivated and results-driven Account Director to lead one of our London teams and work on an enviable global brand.
- Maintain existing relationships and obtaining new client relationships
- Grow revenue of account by 25% during the first year while maintaining high level of service and excellent team morale
- Carry out customer surveys to ensure all feedback is taken into account and is addressed appropriately to improve our services to the client
- Track challenges and success of account in all aspects: projects, client and team relationships, processes, reporting – in order to carry out and present account QBRs internally to senior members of the organisation
- Track challenges and success of account in all aspects: projects, client and team relationships, processes, reporting – in order to carry out and present account QBRs to clients during agency appraisals
- Advise GAD and account managers on account related issues or challenges.
- With guidance from the GAD, Manage any procurement discussions or negotiations of rates and existing contracts
- In collaboration with senior management, lead commercial discussions on new and existing opportunities with Sage teams globally
- Track and manage account finances as well as manage account forecast – organise status meeting with Finance team and GAD to ensure all targets are met in sales and GP.
- Effective line management of the whole team
- Be able to gain trust from the team displaying clear and effective leadership skills.
- Manages the managers: ensuring the right management style is applied to the team, in line with the Freedman vision
Skills and experience we need you to have
- Previous agency-side global campaign implementation experience
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- Polished and empathetic communicator with excellent relationship and negotiation skills in dealing with all audiences
- An experienced driver of day-to-day with the ability to manage and compile client reports
- Ability to handle pressure, display emotional intelligence, warmth and build positive rapport with audiences quickly
- Ambitious, conscientious, passionate and results focused with a proactive approach and strong work ethic
- Self-motivated individual with great supporting skills
- Key understanding of working with media and creative agencies
- A strong understanding of localisation and campaign planning from brief to delivery
- Experience of managing others’ workload and delivering to high standards
- Effective communication with clients, linguists and colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Friendly and credible personality who inspires trust in clients, partners and colleagues
We strive to ensure a premium experience for the client right from start to finish. Not just as a supplier, as an extension of the client’s business.
We strive to make life easier for ourselves and our clients by thinking smart, being one step ahead and solving problems before they arise.
We strive to create a positive and exciting atmosphere, so our staff members can channel inspiration and enthusiasm through their work, every step of the way.
Our behaviours – what we look for in top talent
- Great work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Committed / Dependable
- Driven / Proactive
- Problem solvers / resourceful
- Honest / Transparent
- Humble / Team players
- Embrace accountability
Subscribe to our content
Fill in the form below to join our mailing list to stay up-to-date with all things global marketing, to help your brand thrive, everywhere.